Well, it was a bear, but, not only did I finish assembling the top, but I also basted, quilted, and bound it!
Part of the frustration was my spatial stuff. I get spatial positioning reversed A LOT, and the seam ripper and I were friends. Enough so, that I think I need to ask Santa for a new one. My old ones are kind of dull.
The other problem was my walking foot. It started sticking. I should note that I've actually worn out one foot. Part of the problem on this was that, I think, it needed oiling. Add to that problem that I hit the needle position dial at some point (a while ago), and shifted the needle too far over to the right. This has led to a bur or two on some feet. Duh that I didn't realize it. Duh that I took the machine in for servicing because I couldn't figure that one out. Oh well. It's clean now and working well. I need to replace a few feet, though.
Guess it's a good thing Christmas is coming.
Anyway, TA DA...... the quilt!
I've finished a bunch of projects this month.
I completed my Donut quilt:
I ended up making my silence block into a mini rather than a journal, as the block was bigger than I thought it was going to be:
That got added to the package for my #makeadalekmakeafriend swap. BEST. SWAP. EVER.
and got this:
I also finished my mini for the Dec guild swap:
a laptop sleeve for my hub's ginormous work laptop:
The scarf for my mom:
some yodas for triplets:
...and some potholders to add to the tea towels I'm mailing for for Christmas this month.