So, I'm not necessarily big on New Year's Resolutions, but I've realized a few things these past few weeks that I wanted to write down.
In no particular order:
1. There isn't enough kindness in the world. No one has ever complained that "Wow, there's just too much kindness out there." That annoys me. I plan to add more of it to the universe whenever I can.
2. Someone who shall remain nameless said, "But they're just words. Words don't matter" in response to being called out on supporting a cause that was also being endorsed by racist individuals.
Nope. Words do matter. Words matter to me to a very high magnitude of importance. I'm a teacher, an avowed word geek, a lover of language. I'm going to aim to be more mindful of my words...because, yes, they do matter. Right now, given the state of the universe, they matter more than ever...and so do my actions, my voice, my power.
3. Creating is my recharge. Without it, my batteries go empty. I'm seeking to find the balance between giving myself over completely to creating something and keeping manageable lists. (That said, my 2017 FAL list is CRAZY big, but I'm loving the freedom to pick and choose that the list gives me.)
4. I'm tired of being out of shape. It makes me feel old. I don't like not fitting in my clothes. 2017 is the year of losing weight, of getting back into dance shape. Then this summer will be the GREAT CLOTHING PURGE of 2017. All clothes closets will be purged. I'm doing the #quiltyourweightoff2017 over on IG and refocusing on WW.
5. I need people, specific people. I don't get to see my favorite peeps enough. I'm trying to find a way into the effective juggling of my time with the time of others.
6. I miss reading. I feel like my brain has altered and has made it harder for me to read and stay focused. I need to carve out more regular time...and to not waste my time finishing a book I don't like.
That seems like enough for now.
What does 2017 have in store for you?