Thursday, July 3, 2014
All I want to do for July is finish the applique on my Hexy MF and mail it off to the long armer (if she'll still take it) by the end of the month.
It's been sitting and sitting on my guest bed waiting for me to get it done. Now I will.
Ahem. That is all.
Posted by Ella at 11:49 AM
I had an insane goal list for this quarter's finish a long. I posted it here. I was kind of operating on the whole "throw it all at the wall, see what sticks" method of finishing. That didn't stop me from starting a billion new projects. I'm trying, slowly but surely, to clear my Knitting Bin of Shame out completely. It's a process.
So, here was the list I posted back a few months ago. Finished items are posted in red.
1. Hexy MF--This is one of priorities for next quarter. I have an awesome longarmer on tap. I need to finish this and mail it to her.
2. Marcelle Medallion--Meh. I worked on the triangle bit and stalled.
3. Teardrop quilt--didn't touch it. Going to have to budget another longarm fund for this one.
4. Hexy Diamonds--minor progress. It's coming with me, I think, on a trip to the family.
5. Converging Corners--I'm thinking of merely giving this one away. It's just not stirring me, and I have a lot of other baby quilt designs to make (or waiting to be gifted) already.
6. Sidekick Bag--might get done before the cut off for posting.
7. Meridian #2--waiting for next quarter. Too hot to think about right now.
8. Starlight #1--Done! It may be going to a new home this summer.
9. Starlight #2--Done! Gifted! She loved it!
10. Penny Patch--Done. It's been my summer snoozing quilt. The Art Gallery fabrics feel so luxurious and cool.
11. Tube Quilt #2--Done! Gifted! being used by an adorable little guy.
12. Tula Sampler--I cut out 43 blocks. I've only sewn 5. Other projects got the priority.
13. Black/white/color quilt--I'm still trying to decide on sashing. I think I'm making a smaller quilt than I originally thought on this one.
14. Needlebooks--Done! I gave away almost 50 at Stash Bash. I have a few more I'm making for folks who didn't get one, but I'm calling this achieved based on sheer numbers.
15. Metal Clasp purses--Done! Mailed to the bride!
16. Gypsy Wife--Some progress. I want to make this one a priority on the next quarter. It's fun!
17. Feathers #2--Done! Back it in a blanket. I have to give this one to someone. I can't justify keeping it given that I already have the AMH version.
18. Cluck Cluck Sew Squares and Stripes Geek version--Done! It's totally obnoxious. I can't give it away because I love the individual fabrics too much. This might be my car quilt.
19. Stitched in Color bag--done! So, I realized in the making of this that I cut something wrong, but I still love the fabrics.
20. Red/Purple quilt--Done! Going to be donated, I think.
1. Peacock mittens--absolutely no progress.
2. Sherbet Shawl--done. I'm trying to decide who is getting this for Christmas/Hannukah. The truth is that I love making shawls, I just haven't figured out how to wear them enough to justify keeping all of them.
3. Pink cinnabar and spice sweater--This one was a bear to assemble. I'm not sure if I'll keep the crochet edge as is or not. I'm not wearing it because I'm currently too big for it.
4. Central Park Hoodie--no progress.
5. stripey sock--done! Didn't expect to finish this one. Knitted while fretting about CT scan.
6. tutti frutti sock--done! This was a good lesson in NOT postponing the 2nd sock. The heel on the second one doesn't match the first. I had to reconstruct the pattern itself. Definitely made the sock a lot less fun to finish
7. pastel shawl--ripped this one back and made a Brickless out of it. I like it so much more. I have enough yarn left to make a Hitchhiker, too. That will go on next quarter's list.
8. leaf sock--still have to find the pattern for this one's partner sock. My hunt thus far has been unsuccessful.
9. green belt--Not sure I like the buckle I picked for this one.
10. blue sweater--I found the pattern. Not much other progress made.
11. icarus shawl--still on the watch for yarn that goes with the rest to finish this one off.
12. yoda hat--almost done, may finish before FAL closes.
13. cable scarf--still hunting up pattern. Can't remember if I just made it up.
14. black cardigan--I think all the pieces are done. It still needs sewing together. I hate the sewing together part. That's why it's been sitting.
15. socks scraps blanket--I have the first of at least FIVE strips done. This one is going to be a long term finish, much like my EPP.
16. brown alpaca sweater--Done! I'm excited to wear this one this winter.
Next time's list is going to be even more epic.
Posted by Ella at 11:03 AM