Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pets on Quilts 2013

It's that time of year!



I have waited for a whole year, largely because I missed the deadline last year.

Thanks to the hubby, we have two quilt testers in our house.  They've both grown to compete over who gets final approval.  Most of the time the cat wins.  (She is currently Cyclopean again and will be visiting our vet again tomorrow...third eye scratch/injury this summer.)

dog and cat


Here is a picture of our dog winning at the quilt game.  We mostly refer to him as Stinky.  (He was skunked the first time I ever visited my husband's home in the woods.)  He also answers to SMOOSHBEAST!!!

Smiley dog


I'm not really a dog person, but one of my main motivations to win the lottery is to clone this dog.  He is part Muppet.  He is my "dog on quilt" entry.


Vi (aka The Kraken aka Peanut) is often angry, and, much like a teenager, skimpy in her signs of approval.
Cosmic Burst/Precious


Quilt back and Kraken

All quilts will be snuggled on....sometimes forcibly.  Nothing like an angry cat snuggle to make your day more special.

*blows a kiss to y'all*  I'm trying to get back in the blogging habit.  I'll be around again once my classroom is clean.  I've got some more quilt tops done and some completed pattern testing!  Pictures coming soonish.  (and my bday is next week!)  Cross your fingers for me that this vet visit won't cost as much as the last one.


23 comments:

Rebeckah Austin said...

Aww little loves!

Unknown said...

Cute little fellows... hope Vi's eye will be better soon.

PugMom said...

Love the nicknames! Your pets are sweet and your quilts are lovely.

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Great quilts and great models!

Nanbon44 said...

they are so cute

Loris said...

I'm having to visit the vet these days too. Hard to budget for those surprises. I hope yours is a easy appointment. Your two helpers are beautiful even if they are feisty :-)

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck :o)

Kim said...

Your quilt testers are beautiful.

Barbara said...

What sweet faces on those helpers of yours.

Susie said...

Ella, love the quilt testers, what great names!!! Have a lovely birthday. Susie x

Katie said...

great quality control by the kitty -- that quilt did look to white and needed some black hair on it -- how do they know these things. great post

Michele said...

Your fur babies are adorable.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Love the cat on tula pink quilt!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

I have a birthday too next week and didn't think about it until you mentioned that your is next week. The picture of SmooshBeast reminds me of those real close up pictures of dogs that distorts and makes the snout look huge. Cute picture! The angry cat has good tastes - he knows which quilts are the best!

Ruth said...

At least they answer you - Wilbur the Basset answers to the sound of food pouring into his bowl. Love Vi - she has great taste!

Sweet William The Scot said...

Helloooo ~ Let me introduce myself, I am Sweet William The Scot, and I am taking the tour of the quilts. I am more of a dog blogger, but I have made three quilts in my lifetime.
If you been skunked you don't forget. Lovely quilt.
Sweet William The Scot

Karin said...

That is a great picture of Smoothbeast. Just love it...he looks like a real character

Michele T said...

Both of your pets are darling!!

Vickie said...

Beautiful pets and quilts.

jan said...

They are adorable and the quilts are so pretty - Good luck in the contest. I am cat#84
jan @sewandsowfarm

Snoodles said...

What a fun post! Thanks for sharing in our Pet Show....and happy birthday next week!
Love, Snoodles

Needled Mom said...

What wonderful quilt models!

Debi said...

Love them both and they look like great friends. Thanks for sharing!