Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Baby Quilt Category!

Every year, Amy over at Amy's Creative Side hosts a Blogger's Quilt Festival.
This year we get to submit two quilts, if we so desire.

My baby quilt entry was for a faculty member's new babe.
His name is Guy.
What guy doesn't need a mustache quilt?!

I'd been yearning to make a Must Dash quilt since I had seen it initially.
I hunted up a bundle of Parson Grey's in blues, greys, and buff that I had stashed for a while.

I finished binding it at Stash Bash and delivered it the week after.

Must Dash done!


It's approximately 38" x 48".
The mustaches are appliqued on.  I stuck with a simple stitch in the ditch with echoes on either side for the quilting.  I wanted it to stay nice and soft.

The mustaches still crack me up.

Must Dash quilt for Guy, close up

The babe's dad may have actually teared up with surprise when it was delivered!

11 comments:

Marla said...

Teared up with the baby or the quilt was delivered ;) Perfect quilt for a little Guy.

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Oh it's fab Ella! Very very cool - lucky baby!

CitricSugar said...

There is nothing I don't love about this. And yes, every Guy must have a moustache!

Katy Cameron said...

Ha, love the moustaches :oD

Carla said...

Very sweet. I'm sure guy will grow into it and his own moustache : )

Lorna McMahon said...

Great colours - adds to make a very masculine mustache quilt! Super job!

QuiltCandy said...

This is fabulous, so unlike any other baby quilt, it's bound to keep the little one smiling all day long!

Leanne said...

What a perfect quilt for Guy! I love it.

vexa said...

Very fun and I love your fabric choice.

Sarah Lou said...

Fab boy quilt!

Molli Sparkles said...

This was absolutely the best quilt in the baby's quilt category! I still crack up every time I see it! Inspired!