Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crafty book projects!

I am a book addict.
There, I said it.
That...along with a fabric addict, a project addict...oh, and chocolate.  Let's not forget chocolate.

I wanted to do a ton of Travel Handmade stuff for Sewing Summit, but I'm running out of time...and I'm not great at garment sewing.

In fact, the green skirt I made to embellish....well, I had plans.  Until I tried it on.
And, um..it's WAY too big.
It fit once.  Three months ago.  And then I lost a little over 15 lbs.
So, I'm not sad it doesn't fit, but I'm going to have to take it apart and resew it.
I'm also going to have to resize the pieces I've got for a Tula skirt and a spider skirt.

Anyway, I wanted something small.  Something I could tackle.  Something that isn't a pouch.  I went for a book I'd been looking at for a while.

my craft book selection
A belt!  I don't own any.  (Er.  Didn't.) The reality is that I'm going to have to make my jeans work for a while on my clothing budget.  Since I've got another 10 lbs as a goal (at least 10), a belt seemed like a good plan.

Belt!
I've actually got supplies for two, but I only got one done before I hurt my back...more on that in my next installment for Rhonda's FAL.


I'm linking up to Craft Buds this!

2 comments:

Books_Bound said...

Cute belt! And congrats on the weight loss! I've lost about 20 lbs. since college, but like you, I can't afford to replace all of my wardrobe at once. So every once in awhile (such as today), you'll catch me wearing slacks that are just way too big. Worth it though!

**nicke... said...

wooooo! for 15 lbs! awesome! xoxo