Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yarg....

The Soda Pop quilt is done.
It went from being a quilt I was uberexcited about to a quilting nightmare in one fell swoop.

I knew it was going to be hard because I was using the tinier Janome to quilt it.
I have to take Foxy in to get checked for the grease issue.

I started quilting it....and the petals that I had spent HOURS ironing on started coming off.
I don't know if it was the humidity or the pulling on the quilt top, but it was ridiculous.

And maddening.  I wasn't going for an unfinished edge applique, but I'm not confident it's not going to fray like mad.  I am going to try to steam it again before I wash it, but BLARG.

I don't think I'm ever going to use Pellon Wonderunder again.  It was odd.  I've used Pellon products before and never had trouble before, but this was redonkulous.

Anyway, here it is, prewash:


Soda Pop done!

Please ignore any threads.

I also caught up on some bee blocks:

Neutral and Not
Neutral and Not, Aug. Neutral and Not, Aug.

Running with Scissors


Running with Scissors, Aug.


I still have to do Nubees, catch up on the Sew Intertwined QAL and How Far will you go QAL, and sew the binding on the Across the Sea boy's quilt....and start handquilting the Medallion.

Yarg.  I spent hours today organizing kid folders.  I don't know if I have to go into work tomorrow or not.  Right now, the dog is all fretty from a thunderstorm.

8 comments:

  1. i love how you used uberexcited, blarg, and redonkulous all in the same post! you are super awesome! ilove your blocks and the quilt looks wonderful even though you wanted to kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella - I also gave up on the Pellon fusibles. They never seemed to stick well (or at all!). I do like the Heat n Bond products, though, and haven't had any of the same problems with either the regular, lite, or ultra product of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks fantastic, as do the blocks - it'll be OK I'm sure - I would say set the iron up to 'scorch', but I don't want to be responsible for the result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! So sad to hear of so many hours of ironing turned yucky. I'm ironing my petals right now and hoping desperately that it works. I think it turned out looking really lovely, I'm sure you're glad to be done with it!!

    The blocks look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bugger on the wonder-under. I've had things like this happen occasionally with bondaweb, but never worked out why it happens sometimes and not others o.O

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job on the quilt! I've used some really bad fusible web before too. Loving the granny blocks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy your last 2 quilts have just had some rough spots - first grease and then bad fusible, that just stinks!!! The quilt looks amazing regardless of how much you struggled, it really does look FANTASTIC!!! I love all the rest of your blocks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It still looks wonderful, at least the in the picture. So sorry that the fusible wasn't playing nice.

    ReplyDelete