Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm feeling distracted...

I really really just want a few days to sew...
but that isn't happening until Monday.

This week is action packed. I've had a meeting with a teacher group, 2 afterschool classes, Zumba tomorrow, and my parent arrive for a visit (and an engagement dinner!) on Thursday. They'll be here for the weekend.

I ordered new glasses today. My old lenses had gotten really scratched up because I stupidly left them on the nightstand and The Kraken decided to play hockey with them.

All I got done today, other than grading and some tidying, ... bee blocks.

Sew Bee Blissful blocks:
Sew Bee Blissful, Jan blocks

I love the Echo!


Neutral and Not block:
Neutral and Not, Jan block

I still need to add a bird. Applique is not my best skill....

Here's some progress on my UFO Dead Simple Cross quilt:
dead simple cross quilt top, 1/2 way there!

It's halfway done. I have 4 more rows pieced, but I haven't had time to sew them together yet.
I hope to get it done tomorrow, maybe....if I have time before or after Zumba.

Then the machine goes into hiding and the sewing room resumes its status as a guest room.
*sad face*

4 comments:

Norine @ Five Baht Elephant said...

The bee blocks look great! I like the Echo as well.

Katy Cameron said...

Love the blocks! Sorry for the sewing machine separation - I know just how you feel, I have to head down to my mum and dad's for the weekend for my dad's birthday straight after work on Friday. Oh well, next week we can both have fun!

Ruth said...

Your Sew Bee Blissful blocks look amazing! Lovely fabric choices!

Barb said...

I love your blocks!!