Saturday, January 7, 2012

Finished two yesterday...

and here are the pictures, finally...

Pink Tile Quilt
pink tile quilt
pink tile, with back

Monkey Quilt
Monkey quilt
monkey quilt back

These will be headed to a charity...maybe Project Linus.

I finished my bee blocks for New Bee on the Block.
For January, Diane chose the Japanese + and X quilt.
She sent lots of scrappy goodness.

Here are all three, headed to the mail tomorrow:
New Bee on the Block, Jan block
New Bee on the block, Jan block
Bee block #1 for Jan, New Bee on the Block

I can see how these would be addictive.
I started playing with the snowbally part of the block (the non cross) with a bunch of leftovers.

I've got 3 out of the 16 rows done on the Dead Simple Cross quilt top.

I also broke out the Janome (I think it's a 11554) that The Pirate got me. Wow. I knew my Brother was kind of crappy, but this one is so much quieter...and the bobbin doesn't run out as fast...and I can actually use a large spool of thread on the machine, rather than having to rely on a makeshift method of keeping it on.

I'm still dreaming of a Bernina. I think the fund is more than halfway there...What do y'all sew on? Any dream machines that you currently own or want?

11 comments:

Jan said...

I had a crappy Brother, that I hated, really hated. I just got a Janome, and I love it. What a difference!

Krista Schneider said...

Awesome charity quilts, and the bee blocks look great too! I have my grandmother's 1970 kenmore, which is more of a dressmaker's machine, but I use it to piece. I also have a 1960 new home (manufactured by janome, which is very solid and only has straight stich, but works well for FMQ. I am way too poor to tease myself by looking at upgrades, lol!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Great finishes Ella, love the x&+ blocks.
I have a Janome QXL605 (I think) - in my lottery winning dreams it's big brother the Horizon would be mine!

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

It's a great feeling finishing off anything let alone two quilts. Well done.

I have a Janome QXL603. Just right for me. I suppose I could get a better machine one day but would I use all the stitches?....ah no...My machine is just right for me. And yes it hasn't let me down yet.

Katy Cameron said...

Great job on the x and + blocks, I'm in a swap of them at the moment :o)

I have a couple of Brothers that I love - Big Brother is an NX2000, lovely, quiet, and super good at everything.

Wee Little Birds said...

Congrats on your finishes.

Katie said...

The pink tile quilt looks so cute, and I live the + and x blocks - I understand they would be very addictive ;)
I have a singer quantum 9940 that is a basic general machine (loads of stitch types) but my baby is a new second hand pfaff hobby grand quilter 1600 - I picked it up on eBay for just over $600 it only does straight stitch up to 1400 per minute I think... Sorry I am so excited - I've only done test pieces on it so far but handles like a dream, a great economical option if you see one second hand ;)

Jacey said...

Two finishes?? Wow! They are both lovely; the quilting is great! And I love the + & x blocks! I have got to try some for myself soon.

Ellie-Mae said...

I need the HQ sweet sixteen to be truly happy. My current Janome is fine for piecing, but just doesn't cut it for quilting.
Beautiful quilts there missy.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable, I love the monkeys! Thanks for linking up!

barbsews said...

I need the Janome sweet sixteen. I have a Bernina 820 absolutely useless for free motion sewing and it won't except different types of thread always having problems and this one is the replacement (same problems as the first -hopeless). The 820 is fine for normal sewing but forget any thing else