Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes, Sept Goal.

I'm still playing catchup.  (Block updates coming tomorrow.)

However, I wanted to make sure I got my Sept ALYOF goal up and linked.

I'm taking The Penny Sampler class, taught by Rachel from Stitched in Color.
If you are ever thinking of taking an online class, hers are fabulous.  Lots of good technique instruction, cool projects...Nope, I'm got getting paid for this.  I just highly recommend her!

The first big project she posted was the Dogwood Blossom pattern, as a quilt or as a pillow.  I had a FQ stack of Notting Hill that I've been waiting to use.  So, I went all out on the whole quilt.  I've got the top:

dogwood blossom, in progress
and the back done:

dogwood blossom, backing
Hoping to baste it tomorrow.

So, my September goal is to finish it!
I will need to get some binding purchased in order to do that....hrm.
Other goals:  quilt mom's ginormous quilt (so I can give it to her for Xmas)
                   CATCH UP!!!! (on overdue projects and blocks)

There are a bajillion awesome quilt alongs right.  (I saw  Marcelle Medallion one is going up tomorrow, but I just need to get some s*** done.)

Linking up! My Button

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing the finish at the end of the month!

Sarah said...

I love this block and the fabric you're using, can't wait to see it finished :)

Carla said...

Good for you Ella. It will be lovely

Lucy | Charm About You said...

It looks really pretty! Looking forward to seeing it quilted :)

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck, with this and the others!

CapitolaQuilter said...

So pretty in these fabrics and you are so close! The thought of "catching up" made me laugh - in a fun way - because it's a goal I'd never actually expect myself to achieve.

Kira said...

Love these colors combos you are working on!

Melissa said...

Wow! It is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it all finished!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

The photo makes me want to buy so much yardage of this fabric line. I can't believe I don't have a swatch in my house yet. :|

Kit Little said...

I wanted to do the Penny Sampler clas withRachel, but just knew I'd never be able to keep up right now...jealous!

Kit Little said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kit Little said...

Your dogwood blossom is going to be beautiful! Please post a full pic of the top and back soon...